Hello reader, a hearty compliments to you. I trust the year has been great so far. Whatever it is, I know a lots of goodies are in store for us.
Health they say is wealth, no doubt you will agree with that. It is important to know you do not have to fall sick to necessarily get checked. January is cervical cancer awareness month and knowing the extend of what CANCER does it is important to know about it and get checked.
|Stages of the cancer infection|
CERVICAL CANCER is the cancer of the cervix, located at the neck of the womb by the lower uterus. Below are a few important things you need to know about the disease:
* Among women, Cervical cancer is the 2nd most deadly disease after breast cancer;
* One woman dies every hour of cervical cancer in Nigeria;
* It is caused by HUMAN PAPILLOMA VIRUS (HPV);
* Men are the carriers of the above virus;
* It is 100% curable and also preventable;
* Sexually active women are more at risk
* Vaccines are available
1) PAP TEST
2) VIA (VISUAL INSPECTION with ACETIC ACID)
3) HPV testing
|process of pap test|
THE EMAC (EXQUISITE MAGAZINE ANNUAL CANCER CARE) has a cervical cancer care foundation that partners with different medical organization towards creating more awareness as well as free screenings. You can follow her page on emac_cervicalcancerawareness for more details. I also saw an IG post that can be very helpful with different locations to get screened across Lagos especially (Please find included screenshot details for some venues)
Take advantage of this and GET SCREENED!!!!!