RantHQ is a Non-profit organisation, which started in 2017 and has become one of the fastest growing groups on Facebook with over 5,000...
Hello reader, thanks for all your support. It's sometimes funny how I plan to write about something but another activity takes up th...
Sometime last year there was a great trend on the trio who became a body using their voices to do what they know how to do best. While Lum...
Hello reader, I am sure the expression on your face reading this right now is what I am right about. Sometime ago I thought of something ...
I have noticed for quite a long time now, especially among individuals who work to earn money; yes to earn money because a few people wo...
Thursday, 28 June 2018
Hello Reader, thanks for sticking with the 'world of more'.
Sometime ago, the trending gist which is still existing is the LAZY YOUTH saga which got many youths vetting out on social media. Of course, you know Nigerians have no chill. Of a truth, the hustling spirit can never go wrong with us because where ever we find ourselves; we make good use of it regardless of the challenges faced.
There are many businesses that you find rampant that exists among business owners when you ask about what they do. Here are some listed below :
1) PHONES/RECHARGE CARDS: - sometimes when I visit a phone store, it can be crowded or otherwise and I wonder do people really invest in these things? You don't want to go to their 'engine rooms' to see the kind of transactions that occur there. It's a huge business and a big deal. Many also go into franchising big brands which could serve a long term run.
2) SCHOOLS /CHURCHES/ HOTELS:- nearly all the high streets in Lagos especially have churches, schools or hotels in every axis. Have you noticed that too?
3) REAL ESTATE: - this is the real gold. A lot of people are investing or leasing. It is one of the best forms of businesses that appreciates with a great worth. Little wonder everyone is grabbing a chance to be a business man....
4) AGRICULTURE: - this is another business that has a long term run. To be candid, farming or agricultural business is not for the faint heart(ed|); a lot of effort, energy and capital go into it not to forget the emotional crisis when your crops or animals die. But because, the reward is great at the end of it all, many do not mind making that a choice. Even my parents have turned farmers, lol.
5) FASHION: - when it comes to fashion, Nigerians have it 200%, if you're still in doubt, our National Jersey is a perfect example. Nigerians love to look good and would not mind spending tons as long as they love it. Many people see it as an easy-to-go-to kind of business as well and you find out a lot of youths run boutique online and offline, this does not exclude make-up and beauty products. These days, we also have a lot of emerging designers in a bid to support our locally branded outfits. Guess what, they are also topping international recognition.
6) RESTAURANTS : if you don't have the energy to go to the farm, you can give your quota by cooking delicious meals. There is too much stress in Nigeria, to wish you can forget food atimes, people can forget about shopping but not with their bellies. Food businesses too is a thriving deal in Nigeria, you come across many as the days go by.
7) EVENTS : this is diverse. It could be corporate, weddings or birthdays. There are also many angles to the sector which includes catering, rentals and many more. Parties do not occur just weekends, any day of the week something is happening and money is involved. For socialites like me, it’s what people in this category look out for.
8) PHARMACEUTICALS: believe me, there is hidden treasure in this. Hospitals, pharmacies and drug companies have it BIG here, but because it is not a general focus for people, one may not know. Do not forget that, in addition to food, people use drugs on a daily basis.
9) SUPER MARTS: we all have a neighborhood store or marts that meet our daily needs one way or the other. As long as needs are being met, value given, and then money is sure. Many of our groceries are gotten from there, which makes it an easy-to-go business for people.
10) SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING: the Internet has literarily made it easy for all the above listed to be easily available to us. It has also broken distance barriers. Many businesses have doubled just by maximizing these platforms, people that are readily unavailable give managers as well to ease the burden and are charged a great deal, directly or indirectly. It has become an industry on its own and its growing rapidly.
In all of these, it is important to know where your passion lies and what interests you best before taking that bold step. We all have our strengths, let's dwell on them. It's safer so when challenges come, the next line of action wouldn't be QUITTING. Do what you love, not because people are doing it.
THANK YOU FOR READING. PLEASE SHARE, COMMENT AND READ AGAIN!!!
IMAGES SOURCED FROM GOOGLE
Monday, 4 June 2018
Few weeks ago, I got a message from an e-friend asking about my interest in yoga. My eyes went wider on seeing those four words.WOW! I had always wanted to have a yoga experience, but I have also heard quite a number of fallacious statements about the exercise. Heard about how it transmits one to another realm and all,but I really wanted to experience it and more so I did not think twice to jump at the offer. On another note, I wanted to experience the feeling as a plus size. Honestly, a lot just kept crossing my mind so I took a leap of faith, accepted the invite and made sure I honored it.
The experience was overwhelming, from the calmness of the atmosphere with music, incense and just a relaxed state of mind among other people. Trust me, YOGA is deceptive. It looks simple but its not for the faint hearted. The trainer was amazing and she made it look so burden-less and easy. Oh lord, it was an hour of "can we get done already" because I was brave enough not to relent, but the bits and pieces of pains I felt was more than jogging round a football field.
I felt good, I felt strong, I felt peace, I also felt pain. I did not let my weight hinder me as I always thought slimmer people did it better. For over a week, I felt my body ache but I smiled at every memory because I did it and will do it again.
|At the Yoga center with trainer and friend|
Thank you for reading. Please do leave a comment,share and read again....
PHOTO CREDIT- GOOGLE IMAGES
Friday, 23 March 2018
All Shades of beauty as BLK OPL Nigeria hosted Lagos' finest Makeup enthusiasts in celebration of the "BLK OPL Launch Party" on March 7, 2018 at the Lagos Continental Hotel V.I.
Friday, 16 March 2018
Sweet Kiwi indulged a couple of highly esteemed Lagos based bloggers by giving them a treat with new variety of yogurt flavours on the 28th of February, 2018 at the Lekki store.
Sweet Kiwi, the premier one stop shop for delicious premium healthy frozen yogurt indulged bloggers at their Lekki store with new variety of flavours such as New original tart, T’challa, Black Panther, Agbalumo and so many others. Every blogger enjoyed the Tasters session as they got to try out newly introduced flavours of freshly made, rich and creamy yogurt. They also got to learn more about the recipes used and processes involved in the making of yoghurts from Ehime Eigbe Akindele, the Founder of Sweet Kiwi.
The most tried out yogurt flavour was T’challa and Black Panther. This flavours contain activated charcoal, a potent natural treatment used to trap and flush out toxins and chemicals in the body. The yellow of Lagos also created her own mix that has a 20% discount code. 'Healthy Never Tasted Better indeed, all bloggers present confessed!'
Platforms that supported Sweet Kiwi at this event were: Kamdora, Genevieve, Pulse, Exquisite magazine, Ynaija, Lost in Lagos, Yellow of Lagos, Living in Lekki, Blogger point, Her network online, TW Magazine and Schick.
RantHQ is a Non-profit organisation, which started in 2017 and has become one of the fastest growing groups on Facebook with over 5,000 members a day. Their goal is to make a difference while having fun.
This has been successful through a couple of activities which includes humanitarian services and charity events such as the "RantHQ goes to Mende" in Dec, 2017; a collaboration with Amazing Amazon Foundation, Diamond Foundation to cater for 5,000 children with food,provisions, school items amongst others.
Join RANT HQ for another wonderful time out as they give back to the society in Lagos on the 17th of March 2018. All proceeds from the event goes to the training of teenage and single mothers on skill acquisition. To be a part of this, kindly contact any of the organizers
SUZAN ADE COKER - email@example.com
MR BIODUN DOROSEMI-ETTI- 08156555555 or send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
Thursday, 15 March 2018
The Exquisite magazine team had its annual brunch to celebrate the INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY on the 9th of March, 2018. The brunch which started by noon had a man and women from different professional , entrepreneurship backgrounds as well as individuals who just wanted to build their personal life to #pressforprogress in attendance.
Mrs Tewa Onasanya, Founder/Editor-In-Chief of the Exquisite Magazine and the ELOY awards hosted the event with two mind blowing interactive sessions from the speakers and guests. The topic, “HOW TO PRESS FOR PROGRESS DOING WHAT YOU ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT was coined from the global theme #PRESS FOR PROGRESS and with the sequence of conversation, tips shared and lessons learnt from both sessions, it is evident that the 21st century women are passionate about what they do, with the willingness to press further for progress. In her keynote speech, she urged women to be “the best version of themselves”.
|LATASHA NGWUBE and TEWA ONASANYA|
She also stated a key point about rejection. She said “while following your passion, you will be told no, but do not dwell on it. The reason for a ‘no’ is simply because one is speaking to the wrong person or asking the wrong question or the idea needs to be reviewed. Keep your focus and do not stop.”
The speakers at the event were: JANE EGERTON-IHEREN -A communication executive, Founder, women & career www.womenincareer.com ; CHINENYE JEANNE NNOLI- Founder of Metrowoman Ltd; TAYO AFOLABI –CEO/FOUNDER, WORLD PR MEDIA & BEAUTY REPORTS; Uwa Ohiku – Business Lawyer & Partner at JACKSON,ETTI&EDU and SHADE LADIPO – Country Director, WEConnect Nigeria.
|DAMIE SHOTE,EDITORIAL ASS,EXQUISITE MAGAZINE and CHYLEONA NWAKANMA, ACTRESS|
MRS TAYO AFOLABI and HOST, MRS TEWA ONASANYA
|THE ONLY MAN STANDING|
|TWO OF THE SPEAKER (L-R)|
MRS JEANNE NNOLI and MRS TAYO AFOLABI
|LATASHA and DAMIE|
|SPEAKER MOTIVATING THE CROSS SECTION OF GUESTS|
EXQUISITE MAGAZINE INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY BRUNCH was proudly sponsored by the EXQUISITE LADIES OF THE YEAR (ELOY) awards and SUPPORTED BY- DOMINOS PIZZA, WILSON LEMONADE, AWENI ORGANICS and SEMSEY skin solutions.