Popular Posts

Monday 4 June 2018

YOGA : WOULD I EVER TRY IT AGAIN?


Few weeks ago, I got a message from an e-friend asking about my interest in yoga. My eyes went wider on seeing those four words.WOW! I had always wanted to have a yoga experience, but I have also heard quite a number of fallacious statements about the exercise. Heard about how it transmits one to another realm and all,but I really wanted to experience it and more so I did not think twice to jump at the offer. On another note, I wanted to experience the feeling as a plus size. Honestly, a lot just kept crossing my mind so I took a leap of faith, accepted the invite and made sure I honored it.

The experience was overwhelming, from the calmness of the atmosphere with music, incense and just a relaxed state of mind among other people. Trust me, YOGA is deceptive. It looks simple but its not for the faint hearted. The trainer was amazing and she made it look so burden-less and easy. Oh lord, it was an hour of "can we get done already" because I was brave enough not to relent, but the bits and pieces of pains I felt was more than jogging round a football field.

I felt good, I felt strong, I felt peace, I also felt pain. I did not let my weight hinder me as I always thought slimmer people did it better. For over a week, I felt my body ache but I smiled at every memory because I did it and will do it again. 








At the Yoga center with trainer and friend

Thank you for reading. Please do leave a comment,share and read again....
PHOTO CREDIT- GOOGLE IMAGES

No comments: