Popular Posts

Wednesday 22 March 2017

THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL- 2


.......After several years of self discovery, also realizing that my days were counting. Yoruba will say “ojo ale obirin kin pe su” meaning the night fall of a woman’s age quickly gets dark once not maritally settled. I heard that a lot and I think I am not bothered but truthfully, it worries me too much.

On this rainy day on my way from work I had a problem with my car that was how I met him. Of course I could not give an assessment because I was paranoid-trying to fix my car-after a hectic day from work-under the rain. Dear lord!!! was all I constantly said. In split seconds he did the magic and I was set to leave. With joy in my heart I did not hesitate to give him my digits when he asked, If not that he was the guardian angel destined to help I will have been more stuck or even gotten walleyed by touts. “Eko for show!” 

Swamped in work as usual, I forgot the encounter since he didn’t call till a week later. His voice was deep yet calm, matured yet subtle, had pride yet so sweet. “Hello Inioluwa”, good day to you; speaking please I said, my name is Gbolahan he said....and the introduction/flash back ensued for a minute. He requested to have a date with me later that day thank God I looked radiant as usual.

 I walked into the agreed restaurant; I was trembling as I was swept off with the complete package of what I saw. It was a night of fun and it seemed like we had known for ages. This time I didn’t bother discussing with my friends because I was threading the path slowly till he popped the question to ask me out. My mum knew something was brewing, acting like she was deliberately avoiding me but on the other hand she was waiting for an evidence to know what exactly has been stirring in me delightfully lately.

The year went fast but slowly, 20 months after we progressed the relationship it looked like nothing was happening so I gradually started focusing on other productive things. On day he called me sounding distressed and requested I meet him at the office but surprised he called to change plans requesting I came to where we first had our date. I was worried and eager to know he was just safe. Reaching the venue it dawned on me it was even Valentine’s Day, my bad I didn’t remember probably due to all I have allowed to take over my reality.

Gbolahan you frightened me, what is wrong? work, home, you? I had endless thoughts and his actions made me more nervous. On realizing that it seemed nothing serious happened after all I made my way to leave, as I turned back all I saw startled me. In shock I looked back at the table but couldn’t find him, only for me to bend my head and I saw my prince charming on one knee. WHAT!!! He asked the question and popped the ring out, “INI WILL YOU BE MY FRIEND, LOVER AND WIFE” my joy knew no bound as I jumped right into his arms saying yes with a deep appreciative kiss am sure was my best so far. I looked straight towards the door in which I walked in through, so I will be walking back as a changed person I thought to myself. I was extremely happy, and then I realized that truly there is light just right after the tunnel. So much for a happy ending, the rest they say is history. So finally I will be bearing my Gbolahan’s last name.

THANK YOU FOR READING. I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT. PLEASE READ, READ AND READ AGAIN. DO NOT FORGET TO COMMENT AS WELL AS SHARE. THANK YOU.......


No comments: